In uPVC windows, a plastic powder called uPVC (unplasticized polyvinyl chloride) is used to make the frames for windows. Firstly, uPVC is heated to a certain temperature and then, it is ordered into shape by being injected into a mould. After it has been injected into a mould, several cooling methods are applied to it.
Why Would Anyone Want UPVC Windows?
uPVC windows are impressively good based on the following aspects:
- Durability – It’s so durable that it would probably outlast your house.
- Termite & corrosion resistant – You won’t have to worry about spending cash on terminators anymore.
- Sound insulation – You can sleep like a baby with a construction site just next door.
- Maintenance free – uPVC windows are virtually dirt resistant.
- IAQ (Indoor Air Quality) – It’s maintained by uPVC’s low U-value.
- Bug-free – The bug mesh option comes in handy when you want to enjoy nature without worrying about the bugs.
- Impact resistant – It can take a punch. They have high impact resistance.
- Fire retardant – during a fire they form a carbonaceous layer which cuts off oxygen supply & prevents the spread of fire
- UV protection – It offers complete UV protection. Thus keeping you & your family safe from the harmful rays of the sun
Cost Of UPVC Windows
Why to choose UPVC windows instead of Timber Windows?
Comparision With Timber Windows
- uPVC windows are extremely easy to maintain
- uPVC windows are manufactured using highly sustainable materials
- uPVC windows are weather resistant.
- uPVC windows provide a high level of noise insulation.
- uPVC windows fit in well and barely leave any space for dust to enter the house
Types Of UPVC Windows
There are various types of upvc windows . Let us discuss some Common Types :
- Sliding Windows: upvc Sliding window is a combination of two sashes. The two sashes provide sliding motion back and forth that allows the window to open or close.
- Casement Windows : Earliest form of movable window, metal framed, with hinges or pivots at the upright side of the vertically hung sash, so that it opens outward or inward along its entire length in the manner of a door.
- Tilt And Turn Windows : A tilt and turn window can both tilt inwards at the top, like a hopper window, or open inwards from hinges at the side.
Want To Know About More Typologies : Click Here
Choose The Right UPVC Windows
Nowadays , many UPVC window brands available in market and have various series which makes difficult for buyer to choose the right one . But, from now you can easily compare between various series of various brands easily on windowbazaar.com , you can compare hinged system and sliding systems of various brands. Also, buyer can easily see comparision of various series of some top brands like Aluplast , Deceuninck , Rehau , AIS Upvc , etc with help of various tables and charts Of Aluminium Windows .
(More : Get Instant Online Quotation Of Various Window Systems : Sliding 2 Track Window , Sliding 2 Track Door , Sliding 3 Track Window , Sliding 3 Track Door , Swing Window , Swing Door , Fixed Window .
Choosing the Right UPVC Window Supplier
The rule of thumb is to get quotes from at least three suppliers as there will no doubt be a huge range in amounts. Make sure you compare like-for-like (locks, handles, any required pressings etc) as additional extras might sway your decision.
Remember, buying windows is more than just a pricing game: lead-in times can hugely impact your project. It’s important to be aware that a cheap buy with long manufacture and delivery times can delay a schedule and impact other aspects of a build.
Don’t forget, as most systems require specialist fitting, you will need to coordinate with a local approved installation firm if the window company doesn’t offer a fitting service.
At Windowbazaar.com you can easily know the various dealers of UPVC windows.